Single Quote

  1. #1
    Kinjalip
    Guest

    Single Quote

    Is there anyway to add a single quote to text in Excel. Example: '4' with out
    it shifting to left. If so how and if it can be done is there a way to change
    all that are now aligned left.

    thanks!!
    --
    Jeffrey L. Lippard, A+ certified, CHDP certified

  2. #2
    Bob Umlas
    Guest

    Re: Single Quote

    By default, text is aligned to the left (and '4 is text).
    You can select the column and use Format/Cells/Alignment tab, click "Left
    (Indent)" under horizontal alignment
    Or you can simply click the left align tool on the formatting toolbar.
    Bob Umlas
    Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Kinjalip
    Guest

    Re: Single Quote

    Bob,

    When I attempted that, it still left me with 3' instead of '3'. Any ideas.

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Opinicus
    Guest

    Re: Single Quote

    "Kinjalip" <[email protected]> wrote

    > When I attempted that, it still left me with 3' instead of '3'. Any ideas.

    Type the initial ' twice.

    --
    Bob
    http://www.kanyak.com

  5. #5
    Kinjalip
    Guest

    Re: Single Quote

    Thank you, this is exactly what I needed.

    thanks again