Why does not Excel 2003 Replace comand romove spaces from cell contents?

  1. #1
    Dmitry
    Guest

    Why does not Excel 2003 Replace comand romove spaces from cell contents?

    Hello
    Why does not Excel 2003 Replace command remove spaces from cell contents? Is
    there any other way than the trim function to remove spaces after numbers in
    cells?

  2. #2
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: Why does not Excel 2003 Replace comand romove spaces from cell contents?

    Replace should remove spaces - highlight your cells then CTRL-H. In the
    "Find What" panel enter a single space, in the "Replace With" panel
    leave this empty, then click Replace All and your spaces should have
    gone.

    If you have spaces after a number in a cell (and therefore the cell
    contains text), you can convert it to a number in another cell by means
    of:

    =VALUE(A1)

    and copy this down if necessary.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete

  3. #3
    Ron Rosenfeld

    On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 16:15:28 +0400, "Dmitry" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hello
    >Why does not Excel 2003 Replace command remove spaces from cell contents? Is
    >there any other way than the trim function to remove spaces after numbers in
    >cells?

    I'll guess from the incomplete information you've posted, that you've imported
    your numbers from an HTML source (i.e. the web) and what you think is a <space>
    is really a <non-break-space>

    That being the case, in the Find box of the Replace command, try entering the
    nbsp code -- hold down <alt> and, from the numeric keypad, type 0160; then
    release the <alt> button. Leave the Replace box blank.

    --ron

  4. #4
    Dmitry
    Guest

    Re: Why does not Excel 2003 Replace comand romove spaces from cell contents?

    Thanks Pete!
    The Replace does not remove a space after a number in a cell. The cells are
    in the text format.
    "Pete_UK" <[email protected]> ???????/???????? ? ???????? ?????????:
    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Dmitry
    Guest

    Re: Why does not Excel 2003 Replace comand romove spaces from cell contents?

    Yes, I've imported my numbers from the web. Thank you Ron Rosenfeld very
    much!
    "Ron Rosenfeld" <[email protected]> ???????/???????? ? ????????
    ?????????: news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Ron Rosenfeld

    On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 17:07:08 +0400, "Dmitry" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Yes, I've imported my numbers from the web. Thank you Ron Rosenfeld very
    >much!
    >"Ron Rosenfeld" <[email protected]> ???????/???????? ? ????????
    >?????????: news:[email protected]...

    Glad to help. Thanks for the feedback.

    --ron