Cell highlighting won't stop

  1. #1
    Bill_K
    Guest

    Cell highlighting won't stop

    Can't figure this one out. Every once in a while when I left click my mouse
    to highlight cells the highlighting action won't stop. It doesn't appear to
    be a failure of the gidepoint mouse on the notebook, because the problem
    won't manifest itself on other spreadsheets or other Office documents. I
    have to use keyboard shortcuts to access menu options as the mouse won't
    "release".

    --
    Technology Director
    Northeastern Wayne School Corp.

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Cell highlighting won't stop

    try the f8 key

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    sybmathics
    Guest

    Re: Cell highlighting won't stop

    Sometimes when you use hotkeys you press the wrong key.
    Many unintended hotkeys lead to an unexpected effect.
    With this one you should be able to read the effect in the status bar.
    In the right section you can read "ext" or "add" or some other message,
    depending on the hotkey that you have used.
    Most hotkeys in Excel are concerned with selecting or formatting, but there
    are some exotic effects you wouldn't expect.

    Your problem is just one of them.
    Don's answer seems correct to me.

    greets,

    Sybolt