how do I improve performance when updating external links?

  1. #1
    Using formulas to enter NULL cell values
    Guest

    how do I improve performance when updating external links?

    I have a 1500+ row by 36 column spreadsheet. I link in three different
    spreadsheets (each representing approximately 25% of the columns). Two files
    link fairly quickly (30 seconds or so). The third file takes 5-7 minutes.
    How can I improve the performance of the linking process? The three external
    files are all on the same network folder.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Auckland New Zealand
    MS-Off Ver
    Office Professional 2007

    Try opening linked files

    I've found that performance is much quicker when the linked files are open at the same time

    Regards
    Mike

  3. #3

    Re: how do I improve performance when updating external links?

    I'd open the files, too.

    Or move them to a local folder on my harddrive.