Border Colors and Corners

  1. #1
    mjones
    Guest

    Border Colors and Corners

    Hi,

    I'm wondering is anyone knows the rule is on which border takes the
    corner color.

    For example, I have gray on the bottom and light blue on the right and
    the corner between them is gray, but when I change the light blue to a
    darker blue, the corner becomes dark blue. I need both these colors or
    something close to them to work the same.

    The files will be viewed in PDF and that's where you can see it, not in
    Excel. You have to blow it up a bit. Sounds like a picky thing, but
    the appearance of the document is really important and has a very large
    audience.

    Thanks if you know,

    Michele

  2. #2
    Marcus Fox
    Guest

    Re: Border Colors and Corners

    "mjones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm wondering is anyone knows the rule is on which border takes the
    > corner color.
    >
    > For example, I have gray on the bottom and light blue on the right and
    > the corner between them is gray, but when I change the light blue to a
    > darker blue, the corner becomes dark blue. I need both these colors or
    > something close to them to work the same.
    >
    > The files will be viewed in PDF and that's where you can see it, not in
    > Excel. You have to blow it up a bit. Sounds like a picky thing, but
    > the appearance of the document is really important and has a very large
    > audience.

    I have found that the corner colour is the same as the colour for the
    bottom/top border.

    Marcus

  3. #3
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: Border Colors and Corners

    > "mjones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...

    > I have found that the corner colour is the same as the colour for the
    > bottom/top border.

    Testing in XL97 it looks like that in the Format > Cells > Borders viewer
    with the bottom/top colour always dominant but on the sheet it seems that -
    very roughly - the darker/bolder the colour the more likely it is that it
    will be the dominant colour. For example Black seems to dominate over all
    other colours with Blue the next in decending order of darkness but I have
    not exhaustively tested this out.

    Sandy

    [email protected]
    [email protected] with @tiscali.co.uk

    "Marcus Fox" <[email protected]> wrote in

  4. #4
    mjones
    Guest

    Re: Border Colors and Corners

    Hi,

    Thanks for your observations.

    I find it frustrating not to be able to control the corners. It would
    be nice if there was some way, say for instance, whichever border you
    selected last would take the corner color.

    I think there's a way to make a suggestion to Microsoft, but I don't
    remember how. If anyone know, that would be great.

    Take care,

    Michele