How can I conditionally format cells that contain formulas?

  1. #1
    jhofmann
    Guest

    How can I conditionally format cells that contain formulas?

    Is it possible to create a conditional format for a group of cells that would
    set a specific backgroup color for cells that contain formulas as opposed to
    data?

    I have been using "Go To...","Special","Formulas" but would prefer to have
    the process happen automatically.

    TIF ...

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How can I conditionally format cells that contain formulas?

    Create a UDF and use that in the CF formula

    Function IsFormula(rng As Range)
    IsFormula = rng.HasFormula
    End Function

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: How can I conditionally format cells that contain formulas?

    First enter this tiny UDF:

    Function IsFormula(r As Range) As Boolean
    IsFormula = r.HasFormula
    End Function

    Then set Conditional formatting: Formula is:

    =(IsFormula(A1))

    --
    Gary''s Student