Easier Way to Refresh Pivot Table Data

  1. #1

    Easier Way to Refresh Pivot Table Data

    I am looking for an easier way to refresh a pivot table (to avoid any
    complications with the PivotTable toolbar and to avoid the select/right
    click/refresh thing.

    Ideally I would be able to add the ! Refresh button directly into the
    file, but I don't know if I can do that. I guess it would be similar
    to adding a macro button for the refresh function.

    Any ideas? Thanks!

  2. #2
    York
    Guest

    Re: Easier Way to Refresh Pivot Table Data

    If your Pivot Table is based on external data ...
    then you can use the Pivot table's options to update from the data
    automatically every n minutes.
    (The Pivot table's options are available by doing a right click anywhere on
    the table.)
    HTH

    Mc Fadden

    [email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Easier Way to Refresh Pivot Table Data

    The data will have to be cut and pasted, but thanks for the tip - I
    forgot that you could right click anywhere on the table to get to
    options.