& function cell format translation.

  1. #1

    & function cell format translation.

    I have a cell D2, that has A1&B1 in it. Problem is, I want the format
    from cell A1 to translate over also. IE decimal placing to 1dp and in
    another case superscript to translate over also.

    I have tried custom number format of #,0 and #.0 to no avail.

    Cell D2 displays 7000g

    A1=7000.0
    B1=g

    Thanks in advance for your advice,

    Slash.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: & function cell format translation.

    You can't using custom text format since when you concatenate A1 and B1 it
    becomes text, you can use this
    which is not formatting but text

    =TEXT(A1,"0.0")&" "&B1

    having said that is there a reason you cannot use a custom format like

    0.0" g"

    or do you have multiple values that need to be concatenated

    Peo Sjoblom

    Northwest Excel Solutions

    www.nwexcelsolutions.com

    (remove ^^ from email address)

    Portland, Oregon

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: & function cell format translation.

    Thanks for that, it has solved my problem. How do I get the superscript
    to translate through to the cell also?

    EG

    A1=10oC
    A2=+/- 1oC
    A3=A1&A2

    A3 Displays 100C+/-10C but I want to keep the superscript for the "o"

    Thanks,

    Slash.

  4. #4

    Re: & function cell format translation.

    Excel doesn't support that kind of formatting with formulas. If you convert it
    to a value, then you can do the formatting, though.

  5. #5