ConditionalFormat-EndsWith, and logical Test IF

  1. #1
    ufo_pilot
    Guest

    ConditionalFormat-EndsWith, and logical Test IF

    Hi all,
    I hope I don't confuse anyone...
    Small sample of my spreadsheet below

    Col A(Features) Col B (Cond.Calculation of Col C) Col C (EndsWith)
    HOLE_1.X =IF(C5="TP",datadump!HL5,datadump!C5)
    =RIGHT(A5,2)HOLE_1.Y =IF(C6="TP",datadump!HL6,datadump!C6)
    etc...
    HOLE_1.DF =IF(C7="TP",datadump!HL7,datadump!C7)
    HOLE_1.TP =IF(C8="TP",datadump!HL8,datadump!C8)
    HOLE_1.B =IF(C9="TP",datadump!HL9,datadump!C9)

    I am trying to conditional format Col B by the result of the first logical
    test, not by the formula result. So when the first statement is "TRUE" (IF
    C5="TP" (TRUE))
    the format should read the first TRUE or FALSE answer, not the actual result
    of the formula.
    Also, I am trying to conditional format a row on the result of Col A
    "EndsWith"
    So if the feature in column A ends with .X, format entire row yellow(e.g.)
    If feature ends with .Y , format entire row differernt color etc...

    TIA

    =IF(D5="TP",datadump!HL5,datadump!C5)

  2. #2
    ufo_pilot
    Guest

    RE: ConditionalFormat-EndsWith, and logical Test IF

    "ufo_pilot" wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > I hope I don't confuse anyone...
    > Small sample of my spreadsheet below
    >

    > Col A(Features) Col B (Cond.Calculation of Col C) Col C (EndsWith)
    > HOLE_1.X =IF(C5="TP",datadump!HL5,datadump!C5)
    > =RIGHT(A5,2)HOLE_1.Y =IF(C6="TP",datadump!HL6,datadump!C6)
    > etc...
    > HOLE_1.DF =IF(C7="TP",datadump!HL7,datadump!C7)
    > HOLE_1.TP =IF(C8="TP",datadump!HL8,datadump!C8)
    > HOLE_1.B =IF(C9="TP",datadump!HL9,datadump!C9)
    >

    > I am trying to conditional format Col B by the result of the first logical
    > test, not by the formula result. So when the first statement is "TRUE" (IF
    > C5="TP" (TRUE))
    > the format should read the first TRUE or FALSE answer, not the actual result
    > of the formula.
    > Also, I am trying to conditional format a row on the result of Col A
    > "EndsWith"
    > So if the feature in column A ends with .X, format entire row yellow(e.g.)
    > If feature ends with .Y , format entire row differernt color etc...
    >
    > TIA
    >

    > =IF(D5="TP",datadump!HL5,datadump!C5)

    Well, I figured out the ENDSWITH cond.format> formula is>
    =RIGHT(A8,2)="TP"

    I have done this before too, "I have a full 6-pack, just the plastic thingy
    that holds them all together was missing"
    LOL

    Still need to figure out the IF TRUE thing now...