Cut, copy and paste greyed out

  1. #1
    J Williams
    Guest

    Cut, copy and paste greyed out

    Microsoft Excel 2003 SP2 on Windows XP SP2

    The Cut, Copy and Paste icons are greyed out. They are also greyed out on
    the Edit menu. Obviously the Paste icon is meant to be greyed out until
    there's something in the clipboard, however it remains greyed out even when
    I've copied some text.

    The Cut, Copy and Paste options are available if I right-click a cell and
    work OK.

    Keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+X, Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V work fine.

    I've run Help - Detect and Repair and it made no difference.

    This problem occurs on both new and existing workbooks.

    Any ideas how to fix this?

    thanks,

  2. #2

    Re: Cut, copy and paste greyed out

    I'd try this first.

    Tools|Customize|toolbars tab
    Select Worksheet menu bar
    and click reset.

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Cut, copy and paste greyed out

    Here's from a previous answer by Dave Petersson

    "Maybe you could try resetting that menu.

    Open excel
    hit alt-f11 (to get to the VBE)
    hit ctrl-g (to see the immediate window)

    type this and hit enter:
    application.commandbars("cell").reset

    Then back to excel to test it."

    Peo Sjoblom

    http://nwexcelsolutions.com

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: Cut, copy and paste greyed out

    Oops. This will reset the options under Edit on the worksheet menu bar.

    For the icons on the Standard toolbar:

    Tools|Customize|toolbars tab
    Select Standard
    and click reset.