Design New Template

  1. #1
    Larry-Laser
    Guest

    Design New Template

    In Excel, Existing Template = ExpenseStatement, outside of border.
    When I create a new template or worksheet, "How do I get rid of/hide the
    area outside of the statement border" just like the template in Excel
    (templates folder)??
    --
    neo-Geek
    don''t mind me, I''m just learning too.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Design New Template

    The green is just fill colour then they have protected all cells except
    those that should be filled in
    do tools>protection and unprotect sheet

    Peo Sjoblom

    Northwest Excel Solutions

    www.nwexcelsolutions.com

    (remove ^^ from email address)

    Portland, Oregon

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Larry-Laser
    Guest

    Re: Design New Template

    How about a little more info.
    No way to modify Unprotected cells without unprotecting entire sheet.

  4. #4
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Design New Template

    This is how you do it, select all cells to the right, above, below and to
    the left of the area you want to look like a form and use a fill colour,
    then select the whole sheet, select the cells where you want to allow input
    by using mouse and ctrl key, then do format>cells>protection and make sure
    locked is unchecked, then protect the sheet

  5. #5
    Larry-Laser
    Guest

    Re: Design New Template

    and how do I select all cell to the right and below, (all cells are never
    ending)??

  6. #6
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Design New Template

    Click in the Upper Left corner, hold down the shift key. Go to the lower
    right corner and click.

    Tom Ogilvy

  7. #7
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Design New Template

    Assume you want to select and colour column P to the end, click the header
    of column P, hold down ctrl and shift and press right arrow,use the fill
    colour. To select row 35 and below click the header of row 35 and ctrl +
    shift and down arrow, repeat fill colour.

  8. #8
    Larry-Laser
    Guest

    Re: Design New Template

    Thank You Peo Sjoblom
    by your instruction I can see that I can not select all areas at once. It
    would be nice to have an "Invert Selection" in the edit menu.