FINANCE Formula Help

  1. #1
    JCH
    Guest

    FINANCE Formula Help

    I am trying to set up a spreadsheet function to get the following answers
    but am having little luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a
    formula to get the required answers?

    Q: Consider a bond with a face value of $1,000. The coupon payment is made
    semi-annually and the yield to maturity is 12% (effective annual yield). How
    much would you pay for the bond if:
    A: The coupon rate is 8% and the time to maturity is 20 years?
    B: The coupon rate is 10% and the time to maturity is 15 years?

    Any help would be appreciated...

    JCH

  2. #2
    kcc
    Guest

    Re: FINANCE Formula Help

    Look in help for the PRICE function.
    Only trick is that the yield to maturity is expressed in the same frequency
    as the coupon payments, so you have to convert 12% to BEY.
    kcc

    news:[email protected]...