Data entry form

  1. #1
    Piotr
    Guest

    Data entry form

    Hi,
    I wonder if there is possibility to make list field interactive, like
    when user put firs letter then form showing resluts where first letter
    = "user letter" ?
    Becouse I have over 800 records and it is very dificult for user to
    find the one is looking for.

    regards
    Peter

  2. #2
    Otto Moehrbach
    Guest

    Re: Data entry form

    Piotr
    This macro will do what you want. This is how it works. When the user
    puts a character, say c, in B1, the entire sheet will scroll automatically
    to put the first row that starts with a "c" at the top of the screen. Note
    that this is a sheet macro and must be placed in the sheet module of the
    sheet you are working in. To access that module, right-click on the sheet
    tab, select View Code, and paste this macro into that module. Click on the
    "X" at the top right corner of the screen to return to your spreadsheet.
    HTH Otto
    Dim RngColA As Range
    Dim i As Range
    Dim TheRow As Long
    If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
    If IsEmpty(Target.Value) Then Exit Sub
    If Target.Address(0, 0) = "B1" Then
    Set RngColA = Range("A2", Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
    For Each i In RngColA
    If UCase(Left(i, 1)) = UCase(Range("B1").Value) Then
    TheRow = i.Row
    Exit For
    End If
    Next i