Copy contents to cell based on value in second cell

  1. #1
    Mike Carpenter
    Guest

    Copy contents to cell based on value in second cell

    I have 5 ranking for evaulations: "Failed", "Poor", "Satisfactory", "Good",
    and "Excellent". Depedning on the results of a calculation, I want to have
    the ranking displayed in a cell.
    Example:
    Ranking of 1-50 = Failed
    Ranking of 51-65 = Poor
    Ranking of 66-75 = Satisfactory
    Ranking of 76-90 = Good
    Ranking > 90 = Excellent.

    How do I do this in Excel?

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Copy contents to cell based on value in second cell

    One way:

    =LOOKUP(A1,{0,"Failed"; 50.1,"Poor"; 65.1,"Satisfactory";
    75.1,"Good"; 90.1,"Excellent"})

  3. #3
    Mike Carpenter
    Guest

    Re: Copy contents to cell based on value in second cell

    Tried that, no matter was in cell, result was "Excellent"...

  4. #4
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Copy contents to cell based on value in second cell

    Do you have your calculations set to automatic
    (Tools/Options/Calculation)?

    Works fine here...