Is there a spreadsheet that tracks document in an office?

  1. #1
    Frederick
    Guest

    Is there a spreadsheet that tracks document in an office?

    I am trying to find a spreadsheet or database that can be used as a document
    tracking system. Example: A document comes in on department but needs to be
    signed by various persons in that department and at the end of the day you
    need to be able to locate that document by just going into the system.
    Does such a document excist?

  2. #2
    PY & Associates
    Guest

    Re: Is there a spreadsheet that tracks document in an office?

    Turn on the data recorder

    select your data and do

    Data=>filter=>Autofilter

    in the dropdown in the ID column, select an ID with multiple rows.

    Now turn off the recorder

    This should give you the data you want and you can see how to program the
    autofilter.

    You can then use code like
    Dim rng as Range, rng1 as Range
    dim rng2 as Range
    set rng = Activesheet.autofilter.Range.columns(1)
    ' now exlude the header row
    set rng1 = rng.offset(1,0).Resize(rng.rows.count-1)
    On error resume next
    set rng2 = rng1.specialcells(xlvisible)
    On error goto 0
    if rng2 is nothing then
    ' no rows meet the criteria
    else
    With userform1.Listbox1
    .columncount = 3
    for each cell in rng2
    .AddItem cell.Value
    .list(.listcount-1,1) = cell.offset(0,2)
    .list(.Listcount-1,2) = cell.offset(0,5)
    Next
    end With
    End if

    the alternative is to loop through your list of ID's and pick up the cells
    that match your ID. then use code similar to that inside the loop to
    populate your listbox.

    Tom Ogilvy

    "Duncan" wrote:

    > Hi Tom, / (anybody who could help?....)
    >
    > I have a file which is used to track documents by their specific ID,
    > with a bit of coding I have designed it so it can all be done via
    > userforms (add, remove,find etc). I know I should be using access but
    > im restricted to excel!
    >
    > My next problem is working out how to track the progress of a document,
    > it is stored as a row of information saying where its gone and what
    > date, but the same document could then be sent to another place and so
    > on thus creating subsequent rows the most recent being at the bottom. I
    > want to create a trail report on a userform which will show all the
    > entries for the unique ID in the order that they appear in a sort of
    > list but just showing certain cells from the row like date sent, where
    > to, and where from. so that with input of the ID and a click of a
    > button the form will display a trail report for me.
    >
    > Is this too blue sky for a userform? I dont really know where to start
    > with this bit!
    >
    > Hoping someone can help me
    >
    > Duncan

    news:[email protected]...