Compare & Merge Workbooks

  1. #1
    Don117
    Guest

    Compare & Merge Workbooks

    I would like to use this feature; but, it is greyed out on my toolbar. How do
    I activate or turn this feature on?

    I am using XP Pro and Excel 2002

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Kim
    Guest

    RE: Compare & Merge Workbooks

    Did anyone answer this for you? I'm having the same issue and just posted a
    question about it. I want to compare two worksheets like you can with two
    Word Documents but it's greyed out for me.

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    I assume it is greyed out because you don't have a shared workbook open with changes you wish to merge.

    If you do a search for your heading in Excel help, this gives more detail.

    I suspect you've got a different need.

  4. #4
    Kim
    Guest

    Re: Compare & Merge Workbooks

    I actually figured it out. It's an add-on. You have to pay for it.
    Imagine. I'm furious that it's not included with Excel. Go to the following
    to see what I'm talking about. Thanks for responding to me though.

    http://www.4tops.com/compare_excel_files.htm

  5. #5
    Don117
    Guest

    Re: Compare & Merge Workbooks

    You have found a solution but it doesn't make sense that Microsoft would
    include a command on the menu that requires a commercial add-on.

    Your message is the only response I have received on this question.