Change debits to credits

  1. #1
    Yo
    Guest

    Change debits to credits

    Is there a quick way to change a long column of debits to credits? I've been
    hitting F2, Home, Minus, Enter and it's taking me forever. I tried to record
    a macro but it changes the column to the number I was using in the macro.

    I am using Excel 2003.

    Thank you for your help

  2. #2

    Re: Change debits to credits

    Put -1 in an empty cell
    edit|copy (that cell)
    select your range of cells to change (just the cells to change!)
    Edit|paste special|check multiply

    clean up that helper cell with -1 in it.