Cell Block and Furmula Bar display

  1. #1
    MAC
    Guest

    Cell Block and Furmula Bar display

    Hi,

    I have currently formatted a column of cells to decimal place of 2,
    displaying each cell as eg. 15.64 however within the Formula Bar it
    displays as :
    15.6403954300535 ?

    How can I make it so that the Formula Bar info displays the same as the Cell
    block?

    Thanks for your help.
    Regards

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Cell Block and Furmula Bar display

    You can't, unless you want to actually change the value in the cell by the
    amount exceeding the second decimal place. If so, this can be done using the
    =TEXT() formula and Copy > PasteSpecial > Values..........

    hth
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  3. #3
    Edwin Tam
    Guest

    RE: Cell Block and Furmula Bar display

    There is an option in Excel which you may find useful.

    From the Tools menu, choose options. Go to the Calculation tab, check the
    checkbox "Precision as displayed".

    But use it very carefully.

    Regards,
    Edwin Tam
    [email protected]
    http://www.vonixx.com

  4. #4
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Cell Block and Furmula Bar display

    Say A1 contains 15.6403954300535

    In an un-used cell, enter =ROUND(A1,2)
    Copy this cell and paste/special as value back into A1
    --
    Gary's Student