Excel links in Word

  1. #1
    snax500
    Guest

    Excel links in Word

    In Word2000, I want to insert many Excel2000 links into a monthly
    letter. I know how to do this Copy-PasteSpecial Unformatted text -
    Link. The porblem is that once I modify to the next month, I need to
    change the Excel tab link to the next month. How can I do this easily.
    For example, in the Excel file, I have the following monthly tabs, Jan,
    Feb, Mar, etc. I link the data to the Jan monthly letter. Once the next
    month (Feb) comes around how do I change all these links to the Feb tab
    in the same Excel file?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Excel links in Word

    Lets say you have a special tab called "current" which is a simple copy of
    the most recent month. So if April is the current month, then "current"
    would just be a copy of the April tab.

    Now when you insert your links they should point to "current". This way you
    will never have to update the links.
    --
    Gary's Student