Formula format in excel that returns an "error" if there is a blan

  1. #1
    Ken Proj mgr
    Guest

    Formula format in excel that returns an "error" if there is a blan

    I am adding monthly data and I need to get 12 months worth. Is there a
    formula that will result in an "error" if I have a zero in one of the cells?
    Can this be conditionally formatted to pick up the missing data?

    Column "A" has data that is input. Column "B" needs to sum 12 cells from
    Column "A", example =sum(a1:a12). How to format when column "A" has yet to
    get data.

  2. #2
    Gazeta
    Guest

    Re: Formula format in excel that returns an "error" if there is a blan

    Użytkownik "Ken Proj mgr" <[email protected]> napisał w
    wiadomości news:[email protected]...
    > I am adding monthly data and I need to get 12 months worth. Is there a
    > formula that will result in an "error" if I have a zero in one of the

    cells?
    > Can this be conditionally formatted to pick up the missing data?
    >
    > Column "A" has data that is input. Column "B" needs to sum 12 cells from
    > Column "A", example =sum(a1:a12). How to format when column "A" has yet to
    > get data.

    try to combine if and min(your range)
    mcg

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Formula format in excel that returns an "error" if there is a blan

    Maybe..........

    =IF(COUNTIF(A1:A12,">0")=12,SUM(A1:A12),"ERROR")

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  4. #4
    Ken Proj mgr
    Guest

    Re: Formula format in excel that returns an "error" if there is a

    MCG,
    Could you please give an example.

  5. #5
    Ken Proj mgr
    Guest

    RE: Formula format in excel that returns an "error" if there is a

    Chuck,
    IT WORKS....... YOU SIR ARE THE MAN!!!

    THANK YOU.

    KEN

  6. #6
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Formula format in excel that returns an "error" if there is a

    Happy to help.......thanks for the feedback.

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3