Excel sheet won't stay on my screen

  1. #1

    Excel sheet won't stay on my screen

    I just got a job that requires me to use Excel and I am working in an online bingo chat room. I need to have my Excel sheet up on my screen at all times. The problem I'm having is that whenever I put my cursor in the chat window to type, my Excel sheet minimizes down to the task bar. Is there someplace in Excel's settings where I can change this? Like put a pin in it!?!

  2. #2
    Doug Kanter
    Guest

    Re: Excel sheet won't stay on my screen

    "SueM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > I just got a job that requires me to use Excel and I am working in an
    > online bingo chat room. I need to have my Excel sheet up on my screen
    > at all times. The problem I'm having is that whenever I put my cursor
    > in the chat window to type, my Excel sheet minimizes down to the task
    > bar. Is there someplace in Excel's settings where I can change this?
    > Like put a pin in it!?!

    When the Excel window is on the screen, how large is it? Does it occupy the
    entire screen? Half? And, same question for the chat window.

  3. #3
    The bingo site is full screen. However, I can resize that by dragging it smaller. The Excel sheet I have also dragged to a small size, and no, i'm not using the Excel sheet in full screen mode. I need it to be a smaller box in order to view what's going on when the bingo numbers are being called and to view the chat room chat. I also need to be able to copy and paste stuff from the bingo chat room to the excel sheet (i.e., names and numbers).

  4. #4
    Ignore the part about copying and pasting. I know how to do that. But when I click on the place in the chat room that i want to highlight and copy, then the excel sheet minimizes down to the task bar and i have to click the link on the task bar to bring up the excel sheet again to paste it. I need the excel sheet to stay on my screen so i can easily move back and forth between the excel sheet and the chat room and view both of them at all times.