If text exists pull text from another cell....how to do it?

  1. #1
    Trip Poly
    Guest

    If text exists pull text from another cell....how to do it?

    I have a schedule with multiple sheets that I have made for my staff.

    What I am having trouble with is getting text from one sheet to another.

    I have Servers, Host, BarBus sheets as well as Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat,
    and Sun sheets.

    In the Servers sheet in A1 Column I have their names B1:O1 are their shifts. The
    setup is the same for Host and BArBus sheets.

    B1 has three shifts AM, OCA, XPOA
    B2 has four shifts PM, BR, OCP, XPOP

    What I can not figure out is how to pull the names of the people that are
    working.

    Example:

    On Sheet Mon I have

    Servers______Host______Bar_______Bus

    I need this sheet to look into Mon (B1) on the Server sheet and see who is
    working and list them.

    Example:

    Servers______Host______Bar_______Bus
    Mike_________Sara______Fred______Tom
    Will_________Billy_____Dan_______Jason
    Sam__________Ed________
    Jenn_________
    Bob__________
    Jane_________

  2. #2
    Mariuks
    Guest

    Re: If text exists pull text from another cell....how to do it?

    Maybe it is enaught standing in destination sheet (mon) use = sign and go to
    source sheet (Servers)select which cell info o need to see in destination
    and enter.

    If I`m wrong could you sent a file with you structure maybe then i`ll better
    understand you.

    news:[email protected]...