Cannot get a simple stock price

  1. #1
    Steve Friday
    Guest

    Cannot get a simple stock price

    I have a simple spreadsheet in Excel 2002/XP.
    Column B is a group of stock ticker symbols.
    I would like (each time I open the spreadsheet) to have Excel put the
    current (last) price for each of the stocks in column B into another column
    labeled "current price".
    When I follow instructions in Excel help, I get a page of useless junk for
    each stock quote.
    All I want is:
    Stock Current Price

    MSFT xxxx
    ORCL xxxx
    EEM xxxx
    etc
    etc
    etc
    Is there a simple, straightforward way to do this? Can you tell me the
    steps?
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor mudraker's Avatar
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,983
    where are you getting the current prices from and into what column do you want them placed

  3. #3
    Bill Sharpe
    Guest

    Re: Cannot get a simple stock price

    Steve Friday wrote:
    > I have a simple spreadsheet in Excel 2002/XP.
    > Column B is a group of stock ticker symbols.
    > I would like (each time I open the spreadsheet) to have Excel put the
    > current (last) price for each of the stocks in column B into another column
    > labeled "current price".
    > When I follow instructions in Excel help, I get a page of useless junk for
    > each stock quote.
    > All I want is:
    > Stock Current Price
    >
    > MSFT xxxx
    > ORCL xxxx
    > EEM xxxx
    > etc
    > etc
    > etc
    > Is there a simple, straightforward way to do this? Can you tell me the
    > steps?
    > Thanks.

    A Google search for "Excel stock quotes add-in" brings up a number of
    possibilities.

    Bill