Changing Data Source for Pivot Table

  1. #1

    Changing Data Source for Pivot Table

    Hi,

    I currently have a macro button which refreshes the pivot tables in my report.
    The data source for the pivots is a db which sits in a folder which is no longer accessible for users to view.

    I therefore have a copy of the db in a shared area. I need to relink my pivot tables to the new db source (path).

    Is there anyway of changing the source without completely re-doing all of the pivots?

    Many Thanks in Advance.
    Jason

  2. #2
    Manoj
    Guest

    RE: Changing Data Source for Pivot Table

    Yes there is a complex process.

    Click on the pivot table wizard--> click back --> Get Data -->
    At this stage an error msg will come on saying that the source data is not
    found.
    Click ok -->
    Click on database button and select your database
    Next msg appears "query cannot be edited by wizard"--->hit OK
    Query screen opens
    File-->New-->Select ODBC connectivity-->Select your databased file--> select
    your table and then continue as usual.

    See if this works... I generally use MS Access Database on which the Excel
    pivots are built.

    Manoj