Sorting Pivot Table by Grand Total

  1. #1

    Sorting Pivot Table by Grand Total

    I have created a pivot table which displays the sum of premiums. I have the data divided by two variables (company and state) in the columns and by one in the row (class) to show the Grand Total of premiums by class across which company and state are selected. I am having trouble sorting the data by size of the grand total of premium instead of class; every time the pivot table is adjusted to show a different number of columns, I must resort the data. Is there a macro that can be created or a way of adjusting the table so that the data is automatically sorted by premium size?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks,
    Meg W

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Sorting Pivot Table by Grand Total

    Right-click the Company field button, and choose Field Settings
    Click the Advanced button
    Under AutoSort, select Ascending
    Under Using Field, choose Sum of Premiums
    Click OK, click OK

    Do the same for the State field button.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish