Getting the ROW of a COUNTIF result?

  1. #1
    LR
    Guest

    Getting the ROW of a COUNTIF result?

    Hi

    For a cyclingclub i want to make a simple statistic of the members and how
    many 1st places, 2nd. plcases and so on, they have had during the season.
    I have a excel sheet with all races in a season. In the 1st. coloum i have
    the name and in the second coloum the final position in the race.

    Name Plc.
    xxxx xxxxxxxxx 3
    yyyy yyyyyyyyy 1
    zzzz zzzzzzzzzzz 5
    yyyy yyyyyyyyy 1

    The statistic i want to make:
    Name Pcl-> 1 2 3 4 5 6
    xxxx xxxxxxxxx 0 0 1 0 0 0
    yyyy yyyyyyyyy 2 0 0 0 0 0
    zzzz zzzzzzzzzzz 0 0 0 0 1 0

    I can use the COUNTIF to find each name, but can i then get the ROW (x) of
    the COUNTIF findings and sum the Ax numbers for each name?
    Maybe i have to get into some macro programming for this to work?

    br Lars

  2. #2
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Getting the ROW of a COUNTIF result?

    Use SUMPRODUCT:
    =SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!$A$1:$A$999=$A2)*(Sheet1!$B$1:$B$999=B$1))

    See example: http://cjoint.com/?eqsKxZyHPE

    AP

    news:%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    LR
    Guest

    Re: Getting the ROW of a COUNTIF result?

    "Ardus Petus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Use SUMPRODUCT:
    > =SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!$A$1:$A$999=$A2)*(Sheet1!$B$1:$B$999=B$1))
    >
    > See example: http://cjoint.com/?eqsKxZyHPE

    Hi

    Thanks, works great!

    br Lars