Password Protection

  1. #1
    ralph
    Guest

    Password Protection

    I am running Excel 2003 under Windows XP Pro. I need to password an Excel
    file. I understand how to do this. However there are many services on the
    web offering to "recover" Excel passwords.
    My question is: How secure is the Excel password system?
    thanks

  2. #2
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: Password Protection

    The average user will be stopped by an Excel Password, but anyone who is
    determined to get in, can do so fairly easily.

    If security is that important, you might want to look into using Access or
    some other application.

    HTH,
    Elkar

  3. #3
    Mark Lincoln
    Guest

    Re: Password Protection

    If your file will be used by people who don't feel the need to crack
    passwords, then the password system is very secure. However, anybody
    who is both mischievious and has a clue will be able to crack it.