How do I formulate a high price column

  1. #1
    Lou New At Excel
    Guest

    How do I formulate a high price column

    I need to know the highest price I have ever paid for a product. In my
    inventory, I update prices monthly, changing the previously recorded price.
    If the "new price" is more than the price recorded in the "high price"
    column, I want that price to change to the "new Price" amount. I have tried
    using the MAX formula in conjunction with the IF formula, but it is not
    working properly because if the "New Price" is in between the the two prices,
    it records that "New Price". Any suggestions? (I am pretty much a novice at
    this, so please try to keep it simple. Note: I have Excel 2003 & I posed
    this question already & got a response, (about using a VBA code) but I didn't
    understand it all. I was told to "right-click on tab", - what tab?

  2. #2
    Fred Smith
    Guest

    Re: How do I formulate a high price column

    My first suggestion is to post the formula you are using. That's the only way
    people can help you.

    Regarding VBA code, post your question to the .programming group. The 'tab' they
    are referring to is the sheet name -- it's at the bottom of your worksheet. The
    default name is Sheet1.

    Fred

    news:[email protected]...