Help Needed Urgent

  1. #1

    Unhappy Help Needed Urgent

    Hi. I have 3 questions to ask.

    1. Is there a formula i can use which will make a cell show exactly the same as what another cell shows on a different page?

    2. Is it possible to put a timer on certain cells so they close within --mins and --hours?

    3. Can i enter a formula into a cell which stops people from going over a certain number?

    If anybody can help it would be much appriciated.

    Many thanks,
    Nathan.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Wisconsin
    MS-Off Ver

    Partial Solutions

    1. Is there a formula i can use which will make a cell show exactly the same as what another cell shows on a different page?
    If the cell format is set up the same as the cell on the different page, the displayed value should be the same as displayed on the other sheet.
    Suppose the format is for a percentage with two decimals in cell C2 on Sheet2. The formula on page one would be =Sheet2!C2, just set the format to a pecentage with two decimal places.

    2. Is it possible to put a timer on certain cells so they close within --mins and --hours?
    I am not sure what you are really trying to do? What do you mean by "close within --mins and ---hours"?

    3. Can i enter a formula into a cell which stops people from going over a certain number?
    Try Data Validation - Select Custom and enter a formula such as =<1000 to limit entries to less than 1,000.
    Thanks!
    Dennis

    I am using Windows 7 and Office 2007, all of my posts are based on this.

  3. #3
    1. Sorry but i dont really understand. Ill tell you what it is im trying to do.
    I am making a spreadsheet for some coursework and the project is for tickets sales. I have different sheets for different events like "Dizzee Rascal" as one event and "ColdCut" as another event with a page which is sort of like a home page just showing an overview of the events so far so it shows how many tickets the event "Dizzee Rascal" has sold so far etc.

    So im wanting for example from the page named "Dizzee Rascal" id like cell E12 to also show as exactly the same even when changed on the home page.
    Sorry if im not explaining this very well.

    2. By this i mean for example the page to lock after "12hours and 10mins" and maybe make the formula say "EVENT CLOSED" near the bottom of the page if possible.

    3.Wicked. Thanks, ill try that out.

  4. #4
    Therese
    Guest

    A fun solution...

    Hi
    This one is a whole lot better and funnier though. Click A1, Data, datavalid
    and then click userdefined. Write >9 and the go to the last option and write
    for instance: "Ooops, you are not allowed to enter a digit above 9." A little
    grey window will pop up with that messaage whenever you write a number above
    9 in A1. I love this myself.
    Hope you can use it.
    --
    Therese

  5. #5

    Cool as hell!

    Thanks Therese. That is one cool tip! Thats going to look real nice and professional now. Thanks alot man.

  6. #6
    Therese
    Guest

    Re: Help Needed Urgent

    Oops, I must have misplaced my first answer which hopefully explans my
    "goofy" answer. So sorry.
    --
    Therese

  7. #7
    Is anyone able to follow up on this for me please?

  8. #8
    Please will someone help.