Creating a summary page in Excel

  1. #1
    Tom
    Guest

    Creating a summary page in Excel

    I just created a simple worksheet to total volunteer hours that help with
    band boosters. It then occurred to me that I could build a workbook that
    contains a worksheet for each volunteer, and a summary page with sub-totals
    and total hours.

    It's very easy to do get a total of the hours across all the worksheets, but
    I'm having difficulty figuring out how to have the summary sheet contain a
    simple list of each volunteers name and their hours, without manually having
    to add references to the name on each worksheet, and their related time.

    I would like it to be as automatic as possible. I'm thinking the ability to
    do an absolute reference to a worksheet might do the trick, but I can't
    figure out how to do that, or come up with any other way to automatically
    populate a summary page with names and a value from each worksheet..

    Any ideas or suggestions?

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest