Data from 2 Workbooks

  1. #1

    Data from 2 Workbooks

    I've been handed a project where i need to find 750 part numbers and replace their price with a new price.

    How can i make it easier then useing the find option?

    I'll try my best to give an example:

    Workbook 1
    | A | B |
    Part# Price

    Workbook 2
    | B | C | D |
    Part# Price Tax Price

  2. #2
    jirkalla
    Guest

    RE: Data from 2 Workbooks

    Try VLOOKUP.
    If the Price in Workbook1 is the new one, put in Workbook2 this finction
    "=VLOOKUP($A$1;[Workbook1]Sheet1!A1:B10;2;0)" - this function search for
    PartNumber in Workbook2 and place its Price to given cell (where is this
    function).
    I hope that this gives you an idea how to do it.

  3. #3
    as formuals go, i'm a beginner.

    i've included these example files, which were pulled from the xls files directly. to help give an idea.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  4. #4
    any ideas?

  5. #5
    nevermind i got it

    =VLOOKUP(AG11,[CARCONVMAP.xls]CARCONV!$A$2:$B$775,2,FALSE)

  6. #6
    jirkalla
    Guest

    Re: Data from 2 Workbooks

    Hi,
    have you solved it? I'am not able to download samle files.