Can't share workbook. The "Share Workbook" option is off. Why?

  1. #1
    Doyle Diener
    Guest

    Can't share workbook. The "Share Workbook" option is off. Why?

    I was sharing a workbook. I turned off sharing to make some updates that are
    restricted when the workbook is shared. When went to it share again after the
    changes, the [Tools] [Share Workbook] menu option is extinguished. I need to
    make it shared again. What am I missing?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    6,195
    Try to share agan after save/close. Perhaps the Undo feature is holding the restriction

    HTH

    Quote Originally Posted by Doyle Diener

  3. #3
    BB
    Guest

    Re: Can't share workbook. The "Share Workbook" option is off. Why?

    I am having a similar problem, so I'm anxious to see any solution or
    explanation. See my post "Share Workbook command is not available
    (greyed out)" from May 23, 2006.

    For those suggesting solutions, the following are NOT factors:
    *Opened (Readonly) is not the case
    *No write access to the shared drive is not the case
    *Prevented (at least knowingly) by the document's creator is not the
    case
    *Not being created by the person attempting to turn on sharing is not a
    factor. This is not a restriction on other documents not created by the
    person attempting to invoke sharing.

    It appears that there is some feature used in this spreadsheet which
    then renders it unsharable, so the "Share Workbook" feature is turned
    off and not available to be selected. Otherwise, we are doing nothing
    different from other previously shared workbooks of a similar nature.
    The only factors different in my case is that there are some more
    complex features in use (Lists, functions, etc.) than in some other
    shared workbooks.

    Any solution to this question would be most appreciated!

  4. #4
    Ron2005
    Guest

    Re: Can't share workbook. The "Share Workbook" option is off. Why?

    Me three. Does anyone have any idea why it WON'T let me share

  5. #5
    GEM
    Guest

    Re: Can't share workbook. The "Share Workbook" option is off. Why?

    Be sure you're not using any Excel lists. Named ranges are okay, but a
    single list will block your ability to share the file.