make it possible to get to the function reference for excel when

  1. #1
    an unhappy excel user
    Guest

    make it possible to get to the function reference for excel when

    Your help for excel is now impossible to use. it always wants to connect to
    the internet and use AI to figure out what you want. But I often want to
    just look at the function referecne and check which lookup function or
    whatever i want to use. In old versions of Excel this was easy to do. Now I
    can't figure out how to do it. I want to do it offline, because I am not
    always connected and, anyway, it's faster.

    I'm spending more time looking up a function than actually using your
    product, ant that makes we want to switch products

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: make it possible to get to the function reference for excel when

    Apparently, you can turn off the internet search by going to Tools
    >Options>General Tab>Service Options and untick the 'Search online when

    connected' box

    Bob Phillips

    "an unhappy excel user" <an unhappy excel [email protected]>
    > Your help for excel is now impossible to use. it always wants to connect

    > the internet and use AI to figure out what you want. But I often want to
    > just look at the function referecne and check which lookup function or
    > whatever i want to use. In old versions of Excel this was easy to do. Now

    > can't figure out how to do it. I want to do it offline, because I am not
    > always connected and, anyway, it's faster.
    >
    > I'm spending more time looking up a function than actually using your
    > product, ant that makes we want to switch products

    this