How do you stay in cell and get to next line???

  1. #1
    Kati eM.
    Guest

    How do you stay in cell and get to next line???

    How do you stay in the same cell and get to the next line? When I press
    enter, it jumps to the next cell. I'd like to stay in the cell for an
    address format,... any suggestions????

  2. #2
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: How do you stay in cell and get to next line???

    On the menu bar, select Tools, then Options. Click on the Edit tab. There's
    a checkbox labeled 'Move selection after Enter'. Clear that checkbox and
    click OK.

  3. #3
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 2003
    Hi

    Hold down ALT, then press enter.

    Colin

  4. #4
    Kati eM.
    Guest

    RE: How do you stay in cell and get to next line???

    Thank you, but we're on a Mac and still unchecked that box and pressed OK,
    but it still doesn't work. Any other suggestions??

  5. #5
    KonaAl
    Guest

    RE: How do you stay in cell and get to next line???

    This is what works on a PC: Alt+Enter

  6. #6
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: How do you stay in cell and get to next line???

    Try Alt-Enter

    HTH,
    Elkar

  7. #7
    iamjbunni
    Guest

    RE: How do you stay in cell and get to next line???

    Click "Format Cells" then Alignment and select wrap text. This will put your
    text on another line in the same cell according to the width. This will
    allow you to type a name, address, state and zip in the line you want. If
    something is short and you want to go to the next line you can [space] until
    you are on the next line.

    Hope this helps!

  8. #8
    Kati eM.
    Guest

    RE: How do you stay in cell and get to next line???

    Thanks everyone,

    Apparently, pressing Open Apple + Alt + Enter works. Thanks for the hints!