Subtotals equal zero when collapsed to Level 2

  1. #1
    kbssailor
    Guest

    Subtotals equal zero when collapsed to Level 2

    I have been working on a spreadsheet for a couple of days and all of a sudden
    the subtotals are showing zeros when the rows are collapsed to the second
    level. This was not happening before. The subtotals are correct when the
    rows are expanded. Help?

  2. #2

    Re: Subtotals equal zero when collapsed to Level 2

    Are you collapsing the rows using data|filter|autofilter or the outlining
    symbols to the left (created by data|subtotals).

    Remember that =subtotal() is smart enough to ignore rows hidden by autofilter.

  3. #3
    kbssailor
    Guest

    Re: Subtotals equal zero when collapsed to Level 2

    Thank you! I didn't realize that one of my auto filters was selected. So,
    although I was collapsing the rows using the numbers to the left, I was
    getting the zeros from the auto filer.