date formatting

  1. #1
    Big Abalone
    Guest

    date formatting

    I am trying to get the dates in a column of dates to change color when they
    become 90 days older then the current date or to change when they already
    are. Then, at a glance I could see the dates that are 90 days older then the
    current date. I am using =now() as the current date.

  2. #2
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: date formatting

    Select the column of dates, say A1 to A10, then:
    <Format> <Conditional Formatting>,
    Select "Formula Is" in the first box drop-down,
    Enter this formula in the next box:

    =A1<NOW()-90

    Then click on "Format", and choose a display color to your liking,
    Then <OK> <OK>.

    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: date formatting

    I forgot to include empty cells, as you discovered in your other post in the
    Functions group.

    Try this instead:

    =AND(A1<NOW()-90,A1<>"")
    --
    HTH,

    RD

    "Ragdyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Select the column of dates, say A1 to A10, then:
    > <Format> <Conditional Formatting>,
    > Select "Formula Is" in the first box drop-down,
    > Enter this formula in the next box:
    >
    > =A1<NOW()-90
    >
    > Then click on "Format", and choose a display color to your liking,
    > Then <OK> <OK>.
    >

    > --
    > HTH,
    >
    > RD