Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Select part of hyperlink address via VBA

  1. #1
    Ron
    Guest

    Select part of hyperlink address via VBA

    Using VBA a For/Next routine I'm trying to open IE pages from a range
    of cells.

    From the link address
    (http://www.azxxxaz.com/fooo/detail.php?save=1&id=123456) how can I
    select just the six numbers following the "=" sign to be the
    identifier in each loop.

    Below is the path I'm on but how do I handle the identifier.

    'MyExLink = "http://www.azxxxaz.com/fooo/detail.php?save=1&id="
    '
    'ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:="MyExLink" + "123456", _
    ' NewWindow:=True

    TIA

    Ron

  2. #2
    Forum Expert mrice's Avatar
    Surrey, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2013
    Posts
    4,967

    Response

    You can use Right

    Right("http://www.azxxxaz.com/fooo/detail.php?save=1&id=123456",6) = 123456
    Martin

  3. #3
    Ron
    Guest

    Re: Select part of hyperlink address via VBA

    On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 13:46:17 -0500, mrice
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >You can use Right
    >

    >Right("http://www.azxxxaz.com/fooo/detail.php?save=1&id=123456",6) =
    >123456

    Wow!!

    Are you fast out of the blocks.... 22 minutes.

    Thank you I will test it tomorrow.

    Ron

Closed Thread