Date Functions

  1. #1
    Keith
    Guest

    Date Functions

    Hello,

    I am running Excel 2000 and I have a question regarding the Date() function.
    I am trying to create a template that in one cell (A1) I put in the month
    (ex. April) and then in cell (B3) it would have a date function that finds
    todays date and subtracts todays date from the number of total days in the
    month to give me the total remaining days for the month. I have tried untill
    I'm blue in the face and I can not get this to work.

    Thank you in advance,

    Keith

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Date Functions

    If you put =TODAY() in A1 and
    =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,1)-A1 in another cell you will see 7, which,
    including today, are the seven remaining days in April
    --
    Gary''s Student

  3. #3
    William Horton
    Guest

    RE: Date Functions

    =EOMONTH(TODAY(),0)-TODAY()

    Substitue a cell reference instead of 1 / both of the TODAY's if needed.