How do I auto launch an excel file upon log in?

  1. #1
    Starion
    Guest

    How do I auto launch an excel file upon log in?

    I want our company calendar (created in excel) to open automatically when
    employees log in to the server every morning. The file resides on our server
    and is password protected so only I can make changes to it. I believe the
    employees keep a shortcut on their desktops. I know how to set it up so it
    opens upon start-up of Excel, but I want it to open upon log in to the server
    only.

    We may have different versions of Excel on different computers, but I am
    using Office XP Excel version 10.0.4 etc. if that makes a difference.

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: How do I auto launch an excel file upon log in?

    Perhaps you this might work:

    Since you want the running of the file to be initiated upon login, and not
    to the running of Excel.....
    Put a shortcut to the Excel Calendar in each employee's Windows StartUp
    folder.

    Windows runs/opens every file in the Windows StartUp folder upon login.

    Is that something you can work with?

    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP-Pro