Partial font color

  1. #1
    smart.daisy
    Guest

    Partial font color

    I have one cell with text "new! Balance sheet tab". I want partial text"new!"
    showing red color, the other part "blance sheet tab" remaining blue. Is there
    a way to realize that? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Miguel Zapico
    Guest

    RE: Partial font color

    You can do that editing the cell, highlighting the part you want in a
    different colour in the formula bar ("new!" in this case) and selecting the
    font color in the formatting toolbar.
    I have tried it with Excel 2003, I don't know if it would work in other
    versions.

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Partial font color

    Select the cell.

    Hit F2 to enter edit mode.

    Select "new!" in formula bar or in cell.

    Format>Cells>Font>Color>pick a color and Ok your way out.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  4. #4
    smart.daisy
    Guest

    Re: Partial font color

    Thank you! It works. I tried all complicated methods. It's a neat method.