HELP£ºmy computer crushes when I open the same EXCEL file again

  1. #1
    weixl
    Guest

    HELP£ºmy computer crushes when I open the same EXCEL file again

    If I open another EXCEL file same name as anyone I have opened, my computer
    hangs and all freeze. I have to shut down and switch on again. I can not
    stand it because I have to work on many EXCEL files at a time, and computer
    may freeze if I open the same file again carelessly and I may lose my work
    data. Other things are all ok.

    My OS is WINXP PRO SP2, and OFFICE XP (EXCEL 2003). Who can tell me why?

  2. #2

    Re: =?iso-8859-1?Q?HELP=A3=BAmy?= computer crushes when I open the sameEXCEL file again

    I'm not sure why your pc freezes, but excel only allows one open workbook per
    name (in the same session).

  3. #3
    weixl
    Guest

    Re: HELP£ºmy computer crushes when I open the same EXCEL file again

    Many people encounter the same problem but don't know why. It is really
    very strange.

    "Dave Peterson" <[email protected]>
    ??????:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: =?iso-8859-1?Q?HELP=A3=BAmy?= computer crushes when I open the sameEXCEL file again

    Again, you can't open two files with the same name in the same instance of
    excel.

    But if this problem just started, it could be this...

    Maybe...

    Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security
    update MS06-015

    There's a link to a revised update in that article:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms06-015.mspx

    And some background info:

    Microsoft Patch Snafu Grows, Users Seek Workaround
    http://www.techweb.com/wire/security/185303742

    And if you want to try to fix it (but I think I'd use that ms06-015 bulletin:

    There's a link to Kelly's Korner in that article:

    Scroll down to near the bottom of the list--find #383.

    On the righthand side is:
    HP's Share-to-Web Software - Fix More info: (MS06-015)