Excel=>Word help me please!

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    Cayman Islands

    Excel=>Word help me please!

    OK, we create "Letters of Acceptance" using the same template multiple times a day, I have designed an excel spreadsheet that has all the fields necessary and a word document linked to this that is formatted exactly how we need it. You fill in the details in the excel form, load up the word document and voila! all the fields are there and correct.

    Then the problems start, I need now to save this document as it is, under a different file name. But so that when it loads up it doesn't look for the linked information. It's no use just saying "never click on the update linked information button" as the people using it will do this regardless, and then the document will update to whatever is in the excel spreadsheet. Any ideas? email me and I will gladly send you the two documents! Thanks for your time, hope someone can help! [email protected]

    Even better would be having the excel spreadsheet generate the word document by clicking a "generate" button then asking for a file name?! Possible? Considering the format of the word document is fairly intricate and important? Could excel update a template in word then save it under a filename specified in the excel spreadsheet?

    Please help me excel gurus!

  2. #2
    PY & Associates
    Guest

    Re: Excel=>Word help me please!

    May be you can consider this:

    sheet 1 is your data;
    sheet 2 is your formatted document(act as template);
    macro to trigger copying relevant data from sheet 1 to 2 (your document is
    done now);
    get new filename;
    move sheet 2 only to a new file using new filename;

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Cayman Islands

    Unhappy Sloww.....

    Embeddnig either the word in the excel or the excel in the word seems to make everything go real sloooooooooow..... any other ideas?

  4. #4
    PY & Associates
    Guest

    Re: Excel=>Word help me please!