How to write a greater if formula that shows a value?

  1. #1
    trav2016
    Guest

    How to write a greater if formula that shows a value?

    I have a set of values between R123:V123 I'm tring to write a formula that
    will show the value in S123 only if it is above the value in R123 and if not
    then leave blank.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How to write a greater if formula that shows a value?

    Use conditional formatting with a formula of

    =S123<=R123

    and set the font colour to white.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    How are you getting the numbers into those cells? If you're pulling them in through a formula or function, you can include an IF() function to stop it from loading into the cell:

    =IF(x1>r23,x1,"")

    If you just don't want to see the number, you can use Conditional Formatting. You can set the font color to the background color if the Cell Value condition is met.

    HTH

    Bruce

  4. #4
    trav2016
    Guest

    Re: How to write a greater if formula that shows a value?

    Thank you but I was hoping of just getting the value and not a "true" or
    "false" and to leave blank if the value is then the value in R123

  5. #5
    trav2016
    Guest

    Re: How to write a greater if formula that shows a value?

    Sorry for being unclear, I'm tring to have a value from R123:V123 show in
    another diagram between B176:F176 but, I want only values from S123:V123 that
    are greater then the value in R123 to show in C176:F176. B176 would have the
    value equal to R123. If the value between S123:V123 is less then R123 I would
    like to leave it blank in the diagram of C176:F176.

  6. #6
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: How to write a greater if formula that shows a value?

    You can't do that since you are referring to the same cell that holds the
    formula, I don't you understood Bob's answer,. he suggested you use
    format>conditional formatting and formula is, then select a white font
    That way it won't be visible

    Peo Sjoblom

    http://nwexcelsolutions.com

  7. #7
    trav2016
    Guest

    RE: How to write a greater if formula that shows a value?

    ok Im an idiot, here's the formula I need =IF(B176<=S123,S123," ") I wrote it
    wrong the first time( no space between the " marks) Thanks for your help.