invoking a macro

  1. #1
    Al_C
    Guest

    invoking a macro

    Hi,
    Is it possible to invoke a macro when starting excell fom the command line?
    My ultimate purpose is to permit a user to push a button in my app and
    invoke excel which then imports a CSV text file which my app has generated.
    Any alternative approaches?
    Al

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: invoking a macro

    Al

    Macros cannot be invoked from the command line.

    You can, however, add Workbook_Open code in the ThisWorkbook module which will
    run a macro when the workbook is opened via the command line.

    Or Auto_Open code in a general module.

    Assuming that users enable macros.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP