Alternate Shading

  1. #1
    tamiluchi
    Guest

    Alternate Shading

    Hi
    I'd like to use alternate shading for 3-row sections. How do I do this?

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Alternate Shading

    Here's a good place to start:

    http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CF.html#rows

    Post back with any questions.

    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP-Pro

  3. #3
    tamiluchi
    Guest

    RE: Alternate Shading

    Thanks, that's a great site.
    What I want to do is shade 3 rows, skip 3 rows. It doesn't show me how to do
    that. Or maybe I just missed it.
    I will save the site though. It seems to offer a lot of help.

  4. #4
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Alternate Shading

    OK...Now that you know the process...try something like this in the condition
    statement:

    Formula is: =ISEVEN(CEILING(ROW()/3,1))
    That will band alternating groups of 3.

    Play with it until it does what you want.

    Per usual, post back with questions.

    Does that help?

    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP-Pro

  5. #5
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Alternate Shading

    See www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    "tamiluchi" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message
    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    tamiluchi
    Guest

    RE: Alternate Shading

    That helps.
    Thank you so very much.

  7. #7
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    Re: Alternate Shading

    THAT's the link I was trying to think of...
    (I'll put it where I can easily find it for next time)

    Thanks, Chip

    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP-Pro

  8. #8
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Alternate Shading

    It won't work since ISEVEN is part of the ATP and is seen as another
    workbook by conditional formatting, this adaptation maybe

    =MOD(CEILING(ROW()/3,1),2)=0

    Peo Sjoblom

    http://nwexcelsolutions.com

    news:[email protected]...

  9. #9
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    Re: Alternate Shading

    True, Peo...thanks

    Sometimes I lose track of which functions are in the ATP and which aren't.
    (Wouldn't it be nice if the formula bar flagged add-in functions and UDFs
    with a symbol or a color or...anything, really?)

    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP-Pro

  10. #10