Excel: PC versus Mac

  1. #1
    JimMay
    Guest

    Excel: PC versus Mac

    I've just been asked if I could write some code and
    provide worksheet functions or UDFs to a client of a
    CPA friend of mine. My years of experience (in Excel)
    are solely with the PC - & Windows --.

    I know nothing about the MAC. Is there a difference
    In ?:
    1) Spreadsheet and/or functions
    2) VBE - Modules, etc

    TIA,

    Jim

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Excel: PC versus Mac

    In article <Ptr4g.16357$fG3.4901@dukeread09>, "JimMay" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > I've just been asked if I could write some code and
    > provide worksheet functions or UDFs to a client of a
    > CPA friend of mine. My years of experience (in Excel)
    > are solely with the PC - & Windows --.
    >
    > I know nothing about the MAC. Is there a difference
    > In ?:
    > 1) Spreadsheet and/or functions
    > 2) VBE - Modules, etc

    Spreadsheet functions are identical. Certain protection modes aren't
    available in MacXL. In general, if it works in XL97, it works in MacXL.

    WinXL doesn't have Page Layout View.

    VBA is version 5 (equivalent to WinXL97), so no VBA6.x functions (e.g.,
    Join, Split, Replace). ActiveX objects aren't supported in MacXL. There
    are a (very) few differences in some methods (e.g., the FileType
    argument in the GetOpenFileName method). WinXL doesn't support
    MacScript.