Saving a file under new name

  1. #1
    Tom Hannan
    Guest

    Saving a file under new name

    After altering the content of a file, I try to save under a new name - Excel
    locks up on me and I have to use task manager to close down - losing all the
    information in the new file? Anyone had this happen - this is a new
    phenomenon for me.

  2. #2
    rajkohli
    Guest

    RE: Saving a file under new name

    THE POST IS PREVIOUSLLY POSTED BY:
    ==========================
    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    This is a result of a bug in the MS06-015 security update. Here is the
    automated fix.

    Go to the following website:

    Click the link on line 383 (right hand side). This will download the HP's
    Share to web software-fix file.

    Double click the downloaded file to run. This will automatically fix the
    problems caused by the Security Update MS06-015 as detailed in "Problems in
    Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security update
    MS06-015".
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165

    Special kudos to MVP Kelly Theriot for automating this fix.