Damage to .xls file upon data load

  1. #1

    Damage to .xls file upon data load

    When opening a file I am prompted to "Enable Macros" twice, and upon clicking "Enable" for the second time I am told the file is damaged and cannot be repaired. Has anyone run into this issue before?

    For some background I am populating the file with data pulled from my database using ExtenXLS.

  2. #2

    Re: Damage to .xls file upon data load

    I don't know ExtenXLS, but...

    Lots of people have praised OpenOffice.org for saving their data and code.
    http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD

    There are commercial recovery services. I've never used it, but you might want
    to check into:
    http://www.officerecovery.com

    And sometimes newer versions of excel can open files that older versions can't.
    (And sometimes just different versions may work, too!)