Create Pivot Table with 2 different Data source

  1. #1

    Create Pivot Table with 2 different Data source

    Data Source 'A': Customer monthly sales
    Data fields: Cust_name, Apr 05, May 05, Jun 05, Jul 05

    Data Source 'B': Customer Info
    Data fields: Cust_name, Cust_ID, Cust_Group_ID

    [Cust_ID is unique but Cust_Group_ID is not unique]

    Task is to create a Pivot Table. Only Cust_Group_ID, Apr 05, May 05, Jun 05, Jul 05 are the data needed in the Table.

    Theres more requirement, only those Cust_Group_ID = 100 200 and 300 can be shown in the table.

    I know its easilier if the Customer monthly sales contains Cust_Group_ID field. How can I select certain Data fields from different Data source and merge it together?

    P.S. I have been thinking, do I have to Merge the required Data field from different Data source together to create a new data source first. than create the Pivot Table.

    P.S. I tried select "Multiple consolidation ranges" while creating Pivot table but it just merged the selected field from 2 data source and still cannot sort those sales data of Cust_Group_ID = 100 200 and 300. please help
    Last edited by cheerboy555; 04-30-2006 at 04:59 AM.

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Create Pivot Table with 2 different Data source

    Assuming Cust_name is also unique, you could create a third table, using
    VLookup formulas to pull the data. Then, use an Advanced Filter to
    extract the required fields for the specific Cust_Group_IDs. There are
    instructions here:

    http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

    Create the pivot table based on the filtered results.