Autocreate folders

  1. #1
    Mike
    Guest

    Autocreate folders

    Is there a way to auto create windows explorer folders from an excel
    spreadsheet? Like say we have a customer name list in the first column and
    would like windows folders generated from that first column. TIA

    Mike

  2. #2
    JMB
    Guest

    RE: Autocreate folders

    You could try a macro. You will need to change the Path, worksheet name,
    beginning cell row/column of your range, and the ending cell column number

    Sub MakeFolder()
    Const Path As String = "I:\Excel\" '<==Change

    On Error Resume Next
    With Worksheets("Sheet2") '<==Change
    With .Range(.Cells(1, 1), _ '<==Change
    .Cells(.Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)) '<==Change
    For Each rngcell In .Cells
    If Not IsEmpty(rngcell) Then _
    MkDir (Path & rngcell.Value)
    Next rngcell